Leaf through our collection:
Getting to Know Web GIS (Paperback)
Holistic Approach: Unlike books that focus on individual products, this book teaches web GIS technologies as a holistic platform. Each chapter completes an application project using multiple products from server side to browser/client side.
Easy to Apply: You don't have to be a developer to build web apps. This book facilitates immediate productivity. It teaches how to build engaging web apps without a single line of programming. The two chapters involving programming are easy to follow and don't require a strong programing background.
Each of the 10 chapters in this book has
- a conceptual discussion section that gives readers the big picture and the principles,
- a system requirements section that helps instructors to prepare for the lab setup,
- a detailed tutorial section with abundant screenshots that confirm progress along the way,
- a Q/A section to answer common questions,
- an assignment section for readers to practice what they have just learned,
- and a robust reference section.
This book is the result of the author's extensive working experience at Esri and teaching experience at Harvard University Extension and other universities. It is a practical manual for classroom lab work and on the job training for GIS students, instructors, GIS analysts, managers, web developers, and a broad range of GIS professionals.