Leaf through our collection:
SQL Cookbook: Query Solutions and Techniques for All SQL Users (Paperback)
You may know SQL basics, but are you taking advantage of its expressive power? This second edition applies a highly practical approach to Structured Query Language (SQL) so you can create and manipulate large stores of data. Based on real-world examples, this updated cookbook provides a framework to help you construct solutions and executable examples in severalflavors of SQL, including Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, andPostgreSQL.
SQL programmers, analysts, data scientists, database administrators, and even relatively casual SQL users will find SQL Cookbook to be a valuable problem-solving guide for everyday issues. No other resource offers recipes in this unique format to help you tackle nagging day-to-day conundrums with SQL.
The second edition includes:
- Fully revised recipes that recognize the greater adoption of window functions in SQL implementations
- Additional recipes that reflect the widespread adoption of common table expressions (CTEs) for more readable, easier-to-implement solutions
- New recipes to make SQL more useful for people who aren't database experts, including data scientists
- Expanded solutions for working with numbers and strings
- Up-to-date SQL recipes throughout the book to guide you through the basics
About the Author
Anthony Molinaro is a data scientist at Johnson & Johnson. In his current role he is a manager in the Observational Health Data Analytics group within Janssen R&D. His primary areas of research are nonparametric methods, time series analysis, and large scale database characterization and transformation. He is a member of the open science OHDSI community. Anthony holds a BA in Mathematics and an MA in Applied Mathematics & Statistics from CUNY Hunter College. He resides in NY with his wife, Georgia, and his two daughters, Kiki and Connie.Robert de Graaf graduated as an Engineer, and worked in the Manufacturing industry after completing studies. While working as an Engineer, Robert discovered the power of statistics for solving real world problems, and completed a Master's in Statistics in time to benefit from the Data Science boom. He has worked for RightShip as their Senior Data Scientist since 2013, and is the author of Managing Your Data Science Projects.