Leaf through our collection:
Designing Bots: Creating Conversational Experiences (Paperback)
From Facebook Messenger to Kik, and from Slack bots to Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and email bots, the new conversational apps are revolutionizing the way we interact with software. This practical guide shows you how to design and build great conversational experiences and delightful bots that help people be more productive, whether it's for a new consumer service or an enterprise efficiency product.
Ideal for designers, product managers, and entrepreneurs, this book explores what works and what doesn't in real-world bot examples, and provides practical design patterns for your bot-building toolbox. You'll learn how to use an effective onboarding process, outline different flows, define a bot personality, and choose the right balance of rich control and text.
- Explore different bot use-cases and design best practices
- Understand bot anatomy--such as brand and personality, conversations, advanced UI controls--and their associated design patterns
- Learn steps for building a Facebook Messenger consumer bot and a Slack business bot
- Explore the lessons learned and shared experiences of designers and entrepreneurs who have built bots
- Design and prototype your first bot, and experiment with user feedback
About the Author
Amir Shevat is a VP of developer experience at Twitch. He has spent the past 15 years building developer products, APIs, and ecosystems around APIs at Slack, Microsoft, and Google. He is also the author of Designing Bots (O'Reilly).