Leaf through our collection:
Jenkins X: Creating Automated Cloud-Ready CI/CD Pipelines (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Jenkins X is a powerful tool that can automatically create and deploy cloud-ready, fully functional out-of-the-box CI/CD pipelines in any environment running a Kubernetes cluster. This practical book shows you how to harness the power of Jenkins X and its implementation of CI/CD and DevOps best practices--everything from basic use in multiple environments to advanced customization and configuration.
Programmers, systems developers, DevOps engineers, and other professionals will start with core CI/CD and DevOps concepts and quickly move to complete use options for those ready to run with a pipeline. Author Brent Laster, director of research and development at SAS, also takes you through advanced uses, including ways to extend this tool.
- Create, deploy, and use a full CI/CD pipeline that implements DevOps best practices in any cloud environment (including AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Understand and leverage key technologies such as containers and Kubernetes, as well as essential DevOps processes including GitOps and ChatOps
- Use Jenkins X with Go, Python, Node.js, and other options--and easily manage them to production
- Manage changes across development, staging, and production environments through automatic and manual promotion
- Create custom Kubernetes development environments, promotion levels for previewing changes, and automated workflows
- Make the most of Kubernetes infrastructure and cloud environments by developing with Jenkins X quickly and efficiently
About the Author
Brent Laster is a global trainer, author and speaker on open-source technologies as well as a senior R&D manager at a top technology company. He has been involved in the software industry for over 25 years, holding various technical and management positions. Brent has always tried to make time to learn and develop both technical and leadership skills and share them with others and believes that regardless of the topic or technology, there's no substitute for the excitement and sense of potential that come from providing others with the knowledge they need to help them accomplish their goals.