Leaf through our collection:
"Is This Thing On?": A Friendly Guide to Everything Digital for Newbies, Technophobes, and the Kicking & Screaming (Paperback)
A personal trainer for the digitally challenged.
Abby Stokes is the hand-holding expert who knows how to teach the joys of technology to anyone who didn’t grow up using a keyboard or mouse.
You’ll learn how to shop for a computer or tablet that’s just right for you. How to sign up for Internet and email access. How to understand and use search engines, and get started with word processing and text messaging. How to choose a smartphone. How to participate in social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and more. And, importantly, how to protect your online security, and what to do when things go wrong.
Includes both Apple and PC keyboard shortcuts and more than 200 recommended websites and 100 free mobile apples.
- Take and share digital photos
- Enjoy the convenience and bargains of online shopping
- Search for recipes and health and travel information
- Look up old friends and make new ones
- Manage your finances online
- Keep up with the latest news, sports, weather, theater times, stock quotes
- Watch movies, listen to music, read ebooks
- And do it all from a tablet, computer, or smart phone
About the Author
Abby Stokes has taken on the role of the Johnny Appleseed of technology, crisscrossing the country to help “digital immigrants” conquer their fear. She has visited more than 20 states, 120 public libraries, and 100 senior centers/computer clubs, and has hosted webinars across the country. She has taught courses at both Cooper Union and NYU’s School of Lifelong Learning, and has also taught private and corporate clients. Ms. Stokes divides her time between New York City and Niantic, Connecticut.