Leaf through our collection:
Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds: An Identification Guide (Hardcover)
Renowned for their dazzling plumages and elaborate courtship displays, birds of paradise and bowerbirds exhibit some of the most astonishing behaviors in the natural world. Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds is the ultimate identification guide to these marvelous birds. This beautiful book features stunning color plates that depict all 108 recognized taxa in these two groups along with more than 200 color photos that showcase a broad range of racial and age-related plumage varieties. The comprehensive text covers identification, taxonomy, and ecology, and is accompanied by detailed distribution maps. Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds is the product of more than two decades of research and field observations, and is a must-have guide for birders, ornithologists, and anyone interested in these sensational birds.
- The ultimate identification guide to these marvelous birds of New Guinea and Australia
- Features stunningly illustrated color plates that depict all 108 recognized taxa
- Covers identification, taxonomy, and ecology
- Includes hundreds of color photos and detailed distribution maps
- Based on more than two decades of research and original field observations
About the Author
Phil Gregory is an ornithologist, tour leader, and writer with a passion for the fauna of New Guinea. He is the author of Birds of New Guinea.