Leaf through our collection:
Email or call for price.
Node.js makes it far easier to create fast, compact, and reliable web/network applications and web servers, and is rapidly becoming indispensable to modern web developers.
You ll start by installing and running Node.js, understanding the extensions it uses, and quickly writing your first app. Next, building on the basics, you ll write more capable application servers and extend them with today's most powerful Node.js tools and modules. Finally, you ll discover today's best practices for testing, running Node.js code on production servers, and writing command-line utilities.
Throughout the book, author Marc Wandschneider teaches by walking you line-by-line through carefully crafted examples, demonstrating proven techniques for creating highly efficient applications and servers.
- Master Node.js nonblocking IO and async programming
- Handle more requests and increase your application's flexibility
- Use and write your own modules
- Perform common JSON/web server tasks
- Use browsers to generate pages on the fly via Ajax calls and template libraries
- Simplify development with the express framework
- Create database back-ends using popular NoSQL and relational databases
- Deploy and run Node.js apps on Unix/OS X or Windows servers
- Take advantage of multiprocessor hardware
- Support virtual hosts and SSL/HTTPS security
- Test Node.js programs that mix synchronous, async, and RESTful server API functionality
About the Author
Marc Wandschneider co-founded Adylitica, a leading specialist in massively scalable web and mobile app design and development. He travels the globe, consulting as a lead manager for software projects and teams. A graduate of McGill University s School of Computer Science, he spent five years at Microsoft, developing and managing developers on the Visual Basic, Visual J++, and .NET Windows Forms teams. "